The mission of the Port Isabel High School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students.
Professional School Counselors:
- provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement
- facilitate the support system to ensure all students in PIHS have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills at the highest level to be contributing members of a diverse community
- abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program
- All students are valued and have dignity and worth
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program
- All school stakeholder involvement is essential in meeting the academic, career, and personal/social needs of all students.