Port Isabel Early College High School Athletics
In an effort to improve safety and security, Point Isabel ISD has a clear bag policy at all large-scale events held at the Tarpon Stadium and Tarpon Complex. This includes events such as varsity football games, band marching contests, and other highly attended events.
Bags that are permitted include:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags or purses that do not exceed the size of a hand
Bags not permitted include:
- Backpacks, printed pattern plastic bags, fanny packs, purses, reusable grocery totes, mesh or straw bags, duffle bags, large totes, camera or binocular cases.
- Diaper bags are not allowed. Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.
What happens if a fan shows up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Are all purses prohibited?
What about diaper bags?
How does the clear bag policy impact students participating in activities at these facilities?
How does this policy impact media or reporters?
Can fans bring stadium seats or chairbacks?
How many bags may each person bring into the stadium?
What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
If I have a question regarding the Clear Bag Policy or an event who can I contact?